- This event has passed.
Saturday, August 5, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
It’s a chance to lazily hang out on your boat or on your own shore and at the same time meet your fellow cottagers, perform challenges, get treats, win prizes and wrap it all up after at the Oxtongue Community Dance & Social.
At 1 pm, as a boat, you and your boat mates will begin anywhere on the lake, travelling in any direction at a slow speed, dock to dock. For those cottages with an upright paddle, you can stop and visit and do a challenge that cottage may have in store for the boat’s participants. Log your results (with proof) in whatever form you like (typed, handwritten with photo). When ready to be done, or latest 4pm, email your results to the email@example.com. Make sure to include the participant’s name and age and your input on the spirit awards or special mention achievements. Points will be awarded at the individual level for both attempts and successful completion of challenges. Prizes will be awarded later that evening (around 8:30) at the Oxtongue Community Dance & Social.
Age Categories: 5 & under, 6-9, 10-14, 15-18, 19-65, 65+
Spirit Award: decorate your boat, have a team costume or some other creative aspect! Most creative shore game, most creative boat, most creative individual costume (shore or boat). Let us know your input by email!
Special Mention Awards: Did you notice someone preserve, do the best at your challenge, or show some courage. Let us know your input by email!
The commodore may add more at whim!
- “Boat” means any floating vessel with any number of people. So pontoon, canoe, motorboat, kayak, paddle boat, paddleboard etc.
- “Dock” means any shoreline property and does not have to be a physical dock. An upright paddle planted somewhere visible will signal accepting boat participants.
- Age awards are at an individual level.
- 1 Point for attempted challenges and 2 points for completed challenges.
- Ties: all 18 & under ties will receive a prize. All other ages subject to quantities available.
- Other awards can be by boat or individual with winners at the commodore’s discretion.
- 1pm you may begin to approach a dock. Horn will sound too.
- 4pm last time stamp or physical sheet must be with the commodore.
- Advanced registration for dock or boat is not required.
- Open to anyone, including resort guests. Free event.
- You will log your own completion (and/or boatmates).
Respect & Responsibilities
- You are responsible for following all provincial boating rules, which include all safety equipment, wake rules etc.
- No littering! See the commodore boat if you need a trash bag.
- Travel back to your own cottage if you need to use a bathroom.
- Be extremely respectful of people’s docks, properties, and boats!
- Poor sportsmanship is frowned upon.
- Use extra care given the number of boats that may be on the lake and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Driving slowly at most times would be appropriate.
- This is specifically not a race but rather a rally, and a reasonable time has been allocated to complete challenges at a slow pace.
- Participation is at your own risk.